Living life to its fullest

Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Review: Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ (PA+++) Helioplex

It's Friday~ Don't you just love Fridays? <3

Well, I'm from Malaysia and we have sunny days almost 365 days/year here(except for rainy days). Hence, I have tried many types of sunblock/sunscreens and I've found a pretty good one recently. Here's Neutrogena's UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ with Helioplex broad spectrum UVA-UVB PA+++. (I know, what a long name right? =p)

I purchased it from the local Guardian Stores with discount. Yes, I like sales, and it's the best time to try new products. (*.^) (If you like SPF for extra protection from the sun, you should also check-out the ZA Vitamin Lip Balm)

[Directions/How I Use It]
From the label on the back, it says:
-Apply liberally on body 15-30 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply frequently to maintain protection, especially after sweating, swimming, towel drying or extended sun exposure.

As for me, although the labels says it's for body, I have tried it on my face for the past few weeks.
I apply a thin layer on my face early in the morning, above moisturizer and under my Revlon liquid foundation. (Some people say that we should put sunblock before moisturizer, I'm still reading about this) Besides that, my arms are also slathered with this sunblock, because I need to walk under the sun a lot. A girl has to protect herself from skin-aging, right?





[What It Does]
Neutrogena's Helioplex sunblock (SPF 50+, PA+++) is said to be a breakthrough in sun protection. Because it is stabilized with Helioplex, it provides superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA and burning UVB rays. This is combined with Dry Touch technology for an ultra-light non-shiny finish. This lightweight sunblock has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.

In short
-Waterproof, sweat proof, resist rub-off (Thumbs up for resist rub-off)
-Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
-Oil free and PABA free
-Dermatologist tested
-Covers broad spectrum UVA.UVB

[Ingredients]
I'm feeling a bit lazy today...here's a photo from the tube.
Just click on it to enlarge.


[Review]
First of all, I have dry-skin and the review here is based on my personal experience. So, let me start with the scent. This sunblock has a gentle scent, and for me it reminds me of J&J baby powder, which is nice. You can squeeze the tube gently and you'll get a creamy(medium consistency) and white sunblock.
`
I was afraid that the face would look too white(with a white cast), but luckily it turned out that it wasn't so as the sunblock was smooth and easily absorbed. It doesn't feel oily at all(dry-touch) and I really couldn't feel that I was wearing any sunblock. Most importantly, my face stayed matte throughout the day(until evening), even when I am wearing liquid foundation on top of it. I also applied this on my arms, and they did not feel sticky. (^^)b Good job, Neutrogena.


[Would I Buy It Again?]
Ratings: 8/10
Oh Yea. It works well, and I can see my skin getting fairer even though I only applied it thinly. Btw, my skin is kinda sensitive, but it doen't break me out. How nice... <3 For a tube of 88mL, and each application only needing a thin layer, this sunblock is quite worth its value.  So, when is the next sales?

(By the way, here's another alternative sunscreen: 
Nanowhite Omega Day Shield SPF 50++)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Nuffnang Ads

[From the eyes of - Eisse J] Headline Animator

[From the eyes of - Eisse J]