Living life to its fullest

Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Review: Freeman Feeling Beautiful Salt Body Scrub Guava 150g

Hi everyone, tomorrow is a public holiday. \(^^)/ When there's a holiday/ during weekends, I tend to pamper myself with a long bath. Here's a review on a body scrub. Is your knees is getting rough and dull? Well, it means that dead skin is accumulating there and it's time for a scrub to reveal naturally radiant new skin!

I bought two Freeman products during the buy-1-get-1-free promotion. In this post, I'll start with the Freeman Feeling Beautiful -Salt Body Scrub Guava.

[ Directions/ How I Use It ]
Gently massage onto wet skin.
Rinse Completely

[ What It Does ]
-Polishes and protects
-Leaves Skin hydrated
The scrub removes rough, dry skin, while guava extract replenishes much-needed moisture. Your skin will be polished and rejuvenated.


[ Ingredients ]
Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdaus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Magnesium Sulfate (Salt), Silica, Ascorbic Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Propyene Glycol, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldmethyl Taurate Copolymer, Lilial (Butyl Benzyl-Proprional-Dehyde-2-4-Ter), Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

(Click on image to enlarge)

[ Review ]
First of all, this body scrub smells like tropical fruit punch, seriously. If you like fruity scent, then this one is for you. The scent is kinda invigorating, but may be too strong for those that are sensitive to smell.

I squeezed some product on my palm and a heating sensation  is felt on the skin. Furthermore, there are noticeable salt crystals in it, but they are toooooooooooo sparse for a good scrub. I was worried that the salt would be a bit rough on the skin, but I guess that is the whole point of a scrub? (If you have sensitive skin: Please take note that the salt crystals are about 1mm in diameter) Just for comparison, it wasn't harsh on my dry-ish skin. While scrubbing my arms, I was curious if the scrub tastes like soap and hence I licked my wrist. OH...it is indeed SALTY~  

As you scrub, the salt will slowly melt away. After rinsing it off, skin looks fairer, clearer and smoother without tightness.

[ Would I Buy It Again? ]
Rating: 5/10
The whole idea of scrubbing with salt is still 'new' to me. I'm still undecided if I'd repurchase. Furthermore, I prefer a milder scent as the smell seems nice at first whiff but slowly becomes overwhelming. I also find it difficult to close the cap to stop unnecessary salt scrub from oozing out as there were salt stuck onto it.

However, there are indeed lots of information that a salt scrub is good for exfoliating to reveal radiant and soft skin. In fact, similar salt scrubs are available at beauty spas. The safflower, apricot, sweet almond, sesame oil etc (Refer to Ingredients) can further hydrate the skin. It is recommended to apply body lotion after a salt scrub so that skin will be soft and fragrant.

Well, if you are still weary of this one, I'd be doing another review on Freeman's Purifying Clay Body Wash soon. Stay tuned. =)

(I'm still looking for a good body scrub, anyone has recommendations?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Nuffnang Ads

[From the eyes of - Eisse J] Headline Animator

[From the eyes of - Eisse J]