Living life to its fullest

Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Review: Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil (1.2g) made in Germany

When makeup feels boring or you just want to spice up a look, a pearly or shimmery colored eyeliner would be a nice touch. Since today is Malaysia Day, I thought perhaps a good Malaysian product should be featured and reviewed. (^^) (Thumbs up~ for the 1st 'Malaysia Day' Holiday, celebrated at the national level!) In fact, many may already know the awesomeness of these eyeliners. So, for those that want an interesting eye-look, do read on.

[Directions / How I Use It]
Apply on upper lid near the lash line or on your lower lid lash line.
I purposely smudge it out to achieve an eyeshadow look sometimes, as the the texture is so soft & fun to use.

[What It Does]
The eyeliner pencils add definition to your eyes with very pigmented and beautiful colors.
The texture is very soft and smooth, and hence these kohl liners will not tug or drag your eyelids.
(Available in 10 funky shades)


[Ingredients]
It is packed with pearlescence, and hence a stroke will produce nice colors that shines.
(The packaging doesn't come with an ingredient list =p..it just says 'made in Germany')

I am wearing: Silkygirl 01 Olive Green Funky Eyelights Pencil
Yeap, my skin is far from flawless, anyone knows how I can solve my eye-bag problem?


[Review]
Before this I had bad experience with 'less expensive' eyeliner pencils because they are very hard and not pigmented at all. Furthermore, I have clumsy hands and hence the whole experience isn't very nice.

However the Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencils are very fun and easy to use for beginners because they are so soft, yet not chalky with a metallic finish. It has great staying power and will remain smudge-proof until you take it off. (I haven't tried it on my waterline/inner rims though) It's packaging look kinda cool too, unlike the typical silky girl products that may tend to look a bit too girlish.

[Would I Buy It Again?]
Rating: 9/10
Definitely a yes! I already have three colors now, 01 Olive Green, 04 Pure Purple and 06 Metallic Bronze. As you can see from the first photo on top, I have used quite a bit of the purple one. In a nutshell, there is a variety of colors to choose from, glides on like a dream, and best of all....available at an affordable price. I wished it came in shimmery black and white too.

If you were wondering, there are the 10 shimmery colors:
01 Olive Green
02 Ocean Blue
03 Sky Blue
04 Pure Purple
05 Candy Pink
06 Solid Gold
08 Frosty Silver
09 Lime Green

This is my favourite eyeliner pencil at the moment.
What's your favourite?


(Note: be careful when sharpening these pencils as the texture is very soft)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Nuffnang Ads

[From the eyes of - Eisse J] Headline Animator

[From the eyes of - Eisse J]